Learn how to set up and use the Action button for quick access to your favorite Apple Watch Ultra features.
Customize the Action button on the Apple Watch Ultra
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch. You can also do this in the Apple Watch app on iPhone.
- Tap the Action button.
- Under Action, tap Menu and select the desired function.
- Tap the arrow in the upper left corner to return to the Action button options.
- In the “Application” section, if it appears, tap “Menu” and select the desired application. Some actions, such as the flashlight, do not display the “Program” option.
- Tap the arrow to go back.
Under First Click, if it appears, tap Menu and select an action. Some functions allow you to perform different actions depending on the number of times you press the button – once or twice.
In the Gestures section, tips on how to use the Action button with its assigned options appear on the screen. For example, outdoor walking tips recommend pressing the Action button once to start a workout, and pressing the Action button at the same time as the side button to end it.
Try not to accidentally press the side button or Digital Crown wheel when you press the Action button. If another button is suddenly pressed at the same time, and the button combination is not specified, the Apple Watch will do what the Action button is intended for.
Action Button Features
Actions can be configured in the following programs or functions:
- Course change
- Quick command
How to turn on the siren using the “Action” button
Press and hold the Action button to turn on Siren, the Apple Watch Ultra’s security feature. If you don’t want the action button to turn on the siren, go to Settings > Action button and under Siren, turn off Hold to On.
How to use Apple Watch
Learn how to use the Digital Crown wheel, side button and gestures.
Pressing or turning the Digital Crown wheel
Tap to see the watch face or the Home screen.
Double-click to return to the last program.
Press and hold to use Siri.
Rotate to zoom, scroll, or adjust screen content.
On Apple Watch Series 2 or later and Apple Watch SE*, rotate the wheel to unlock the screen during a swim workout.
Pressing the side button
Click to show or hide the Dock.
Press and hold to use SOS mode.
Double tap to use Apple Pay.
Press and hold to turn the clock on or off.
How to quickly view the Apple Watch screen
On Apple Watch Series 2 or later and Apple Watch SE, you can wake the screen gradually to keep the brightness low. For example, you can look at the screen in the cinema.
Turn the Digital Crown slowly to gradually wake the screen from sleep mode, then turn it the other way to put the screen back to sleep.
If you have an Apple Watch Series 5 or later, you can glance at the screen anytime with the Always On feature.
How to use gestures
You can interact with Apple Watch with gestures. The watch performs various functions if you touch its screen or press the screen for a long time.
After you have purchased and are going to use a smart watch for the first time and you have a question – how to connect a smart watch to your phone, we recommend:
- read the instructions
- charge the gadget
- test the SIM card for its functionality (if the smart watch works with a SIM card) in the phone
- check the functionality of the device by turning on the power button and setting the date and time, activating bluetooth
- find the pin code and name of your new device in the instructions.
Step-by-step instructions for connecting an Android smart watch to a phone:
- Download and install the application recommended by the manufacturer on your smartphone. You can download the application in
- GooglePlay or on the website of the gadget manufacturer by scanning the QR code.
- Turn on the smartwatch and launch the app on your smartphone.
- Activate Bluetooth in the watch and smartphone settings and place the devices next to each other.
- In the application on the smartphone, select Settings / Add a new device in the menu, select the smart watch model and wait for it to be detected.
- Wait until the device is detected by the application.
- Enter the PIN code if such a request comes from the program (information is provided in the instructions for the watch).
- Click “Connect”.
- After the message “Connected” appears in the application, the work of connecting the smart watch to the phone can be considered successfully completed.
- Make all the necessary settings for the operation of the smart watch via the phone.